another day down

Man, but I miss the Fishmaster and Rockinrolla.

I have to hang out in Rainbow’s birth state for another week-and-a-day at least. Ugh. Daddy J is going back and forth from home to here, and the boys are mostly staying at our house with their Papa, so everything’s fine, except I just can’t wait to take Rainbow home. Grandmas L and J will each have their shifts here to keep me company while Daddy J is home.

Which makes me wonder about international adoption. (We never really looked into international because, among other things, we wanted a newborn and we  wanted Rainbow to have the possibility of future contact with the birthparents.) My impression is that the whole travel-living in hotels for a significant time-thing is a lot more substantial with international. I think a lot of times you have to go back to the birth country twice.  But what do I know: we truly never really explored it.

(Any input about this, international adopters?  Are you snickering at my whining about having to spend a couple of weeks in a fairly close -to-us state when you had to jet to the other side of the world multiple times to bring home your own rainbow?)

On the bright side: This hotel is indeed perfect for our needs.   Dang, but the people who work here are friendly and helpful.  The boys are totally well taken care of and amused by the various grandparents.  Rainbow is truly getting cuter and pinker and more darling every day. 

And this won’t last that much longer.


Rainbow had another super night’s sleep.  Go Rainbow!! I was just up with him for an hour during the night (so far, he’s quite fond of “Mama’s Little Baby Loves Shortnin’ Bread”), and he woke up quite reasonably every 3 hours or so for feedings.  Dare I hope that he’s learning that night time is for sleeping??


I had another of those no-duh moments today.  I was feeling very slug-like and a little claustrophic, so I packaged Rainbow into his Baby Bjorn and meandered all over this hotel complex.  It’s really nicely landscaped with the curvy pathways connecting, like, ten or so buildings and two ponds with fountains, plus it was a gorgeous mid-70’s day.  It felt so good to stretch my legs that I got Rainbow’s tummy nice and full and left him with Grandma L to go work out.

It rocked.  I got in a full 45 minutes on the squeaky elliptical trainer and did some crunches and stretches, which is way more than my out-of-shape self has done in the past few months.

Must remember: when feeling squidgy and pent-up, work up a sweat and it will all be better.


It’s been so sweet to read all of the supportive comments that you all have left.  It’s a really warm feeling to think that we are not bumping along here on our own, but have people that care about us cheering us on.

Thank you.


1 Comment (+add yours?)

  1. Debra
    Mar 06, 2009 @ 21:27:35

    I bet the big brothers are so excited to meet little brother. Nice that they can view these videos too.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: